Monday, March 2, 2009

When Will the Recession Be Over?


I walked into Garelick and Herbs the other day and a woman came up to me who had recognized me from my ads. We do not know each other but she asked me "Are we at the bottom yet?" I wish I could have answered her. As I thought about the question for several days, I read The Sunday Opinion page in yesterday's New York Times where 11 experts were asked the question " When will the recession be over"
I thought that the answer that James Grant gave was as good as any other as he relayed a story of a broker responding to a pestering client during the 1974 recession. The broker responded "When you stop asking". He concluded by saying "Today's low prices, painful though they may be, are the market's own shovel-ready stimulus. Before you know it, the stock market, and the residential real estate market, too, will be on their way back up again - just don't ask when."
Click on the title above to read what the experts have to say about it.

No comments: